Showing posts with label Trinidad & Tobago. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Trinidad & Tobago. Show all posts

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Yardhype features "J Angel"... World Music, NEW VIBES, NEW HIT

J Angel is a singer, writer, radio personality and recording artiste from the island of Trinidad and Tobago.


Real name Jenelle De Leon she started in entertainment at age 17 as a voice talent quickly accelerating to “MC” on a popular DJ Sound System. J Angel has since worked on various radio stations namely More 104.7FM, Red 96.7FM and presently on Slam 100.5FM.


She commands the weekly radio spot from 12 noon – 3pm and various spots on the weekend. “Angel” as she is fondly called by her fans have been involved in Soca music for the past 4 years having reached the semifinals rounds of the International Soca Monarch, the biggest competition in the Soca Music Industry 3 times in a row.


She believes that now is the time to explore her musical palate by venturing into the hip hop R & B / World Music genre with her latest release called “ME”


Slamming tones, this track makes you feel to bounce around the club, while emotionally infecting you with lyrics about our everyday struggles of life. Angel is hot on this number 1 hit and the music video depicts a realness as she explores the richness of her island Trinidad & Tobago.
J ANGEL 2015 – NEW DIRECTION, NEW VIBES, NEW HIT.


Check out the latest release by J Angel called “ME”





Yardhype features "J Angel"... World Music, NEW VIBES, NEW HIT

Friday, 7 August 2015

Cricketer Dwayne Bravo inks music deal with US label

by K’Shema Francis August 5th, 2015. Trinidad and Tobago cricket all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has signed a music deal with Los Angles based entertainment company Venus Music Group.


Bravo’s latest venture follows years of dabbling in music as a hobby as well as after a global launch of his song Chalo Chalo featuring Nisha B.


Venus Music Group represents international superstars like Gladys Knight and Lisa Nichols.


Dwayne Bravo took home the coveted Purple Cap award for the most wickets taken in the India Premier League this season at the prestigious ESPY Awards.





Cricketer Dwayne Bravo inks music deal with US label

Saturday, 11 April 2015

Instagram connects Trinidad & England for a true fairytale love story

It wasn’t quite love at first sight but Gregory Prescott and Toni Archer-Prescott’s love story reads like a real life fairytale.



A chance meeting on Instagram in March last year has resulted in a proposal, a wedding and a honeymoon. The newlyweds who tied the knot on March 15 believe that they have found their happily ever after – and it all began with a simple post about coffee.



“One day I posted my coffee on Instagram with a caption saying if I don’t have one of these every morning my co-workers walk on egg shells around me. Some days after I saw a notification from Toni T Berry (Archer-Prescott’s Instagram name) a London native, who commented on the post. She said if she doesn’t have her vanilla latte every morning she’s like a pitbull coming off steroids,” recalls Prescott, a DJ at Sangeet 106 fm, who goes by his sobriquet DJ Simply E.



“I thought that was so hilarious. I clicked on her profile and I saw she posted a video. I commented on it and told her I loved her accent. She replied saying she loved my Trini accent too.”



Two weeks later, the father of three recorded a 15 second video thanking Archer-Prescott for her “Instagram shout outs.” Flattered that Prescott took the time to recognise her comments, Archer-Prescott, a receptionist at the National Health Service in England, reached out to him again, this time asking if she could add him as a friend on another social networking site – Facebook.



“We would message each other periodically. There was never any real attraction between us,” she admits.



That is, until Prescott added her to his contact list on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).



“That first night, we messaged each other all night. I didn’t sleep at all. I went to work the next day without even closing my eyes,” she notes.



“We spoke every day after that, about anything and everything. From that first conversation on BBM I knew there was something there. We never got bored of each other. What I loved about him was that there was no sleaziness. He never came at me in a sexual way. He wanted to get to know me, genuinely.”



Despite being 4, 000 miles away and having a five hour time-difference, the two became inseparable.



“I admired her strength but it was her humility that caught me. The fact that she’s always smiling despite the things she’s been through. I loved everything about her.”



After three months of virtual courting, Prescott, 43, decided to take matters into his own hands. He bought Archer-Prescott a commitment ring and sent to her via mail. He also bought a ticket to London for a ten –day trip. Two months after purchasing the ticket, Prescott arrived in London where he saw his future wife in person for the first time.



“The money I used to buy the ticket was money I set aside to buy a piece of music equipment but seeing her was more important,” he says.

love3.jpg



“When she picked me up at the airport and we had our first kiss, I knew then and there that she was the woman for me. It felt like we knew each other for years.”



Archer-Prescott, 38, introduced Prescott to her entire family, including her two teenaged children.



“Everybody loved him. They all knew him from our video chats so he fit right in,” she asserts. The couple would be apart again until March 1 this year when Archer – Prescott, who had never traveled outside of the UK, flew to Trinidad for two days for Prescott’s birthday.



They then visited Barbados for a vacation. It was there Prescott proposed. Twelve days later, the two sealed the deal with a small, intimate wedding on the front porch of Prescott’s Arima home in the presence of his family and closest friends.



“It was a beautiful day. Everybody got involved to assist with the wedding. The outpouring of love and support we have received is amazing,” Archer-Prescott says.



Although the couple will have to rely on Instagram and social media a little while longer as Archer-Prescott has gone back to London, they vow to make things work until Prescott migrates there at the end of the year.



“Long-distance relationships only make sense if there’s a plan to end the distance and we have a plan,” Prescott says.



“We are soul mates. We are two hearts but one soul. This is the woman I have always been waiting for. Every day I look at her and every day I fall in love.”



Related Post















Instagram connects Trinidad & England for a true fairytale love story

Friday, 23 January 2015

Gage"s "Throat" single played at Trini funeral

A funeral in Trinidad has sent shock to online viewers after the six pall-bearers were filmed on camera dancing to Gage’s ‘Throat’ single while carrying the casket.


A two-minute and forty-second clip showing an excerpt from the funeral, has been circulating online, with many criticising the behaviour of the pall-bearers.


In the clip, an undisclosed DJ seated in a moving car played the raw version of Throat, with a group of T-shirt wearing male pall-bearers grooving to the dancehall beat.


To the shock of some viewers, no member of the funeral proceeding made any attempt to stop the song from playing. Even elderly persons and children were seen moving to the beat, while others chanted the punchline ‘dung inna yu throat’.


Several soca songs were also played by the DJ, however, at the sound of Gage’s controversial song, the audience erupted with excitement. Some viewers of the clip, however, were not pleased.


Lyrical content


A viewer commented, ” No sense at all, madness.”


“The act of celebrating the death is far from my concern. But my concern lies within the lyrical content of the song they played. A funeral crowd will consist of the young and old … What about the children that were there? What about the respect for the elderly folks? C’mon people, the edited/clean version of the song could have been played instead of the raw version, hence I described it as ratchet,” another viewer commented.


Another viewer stated, ” Make sure dat DJ don’t play any music wen I’m dead. Kids and grandparents and they’re playing that?”


THE WEEKEND STAR contacted Gage’s manager for comment on the video. However, he was unavailable to speak at news time. He did, however, confirm on Wednesday, that Gage is aware of the funeral video.





This is not the first time the song has raised eyebrows in Trinidad. The song was highlighted last year by Trinidadian comedian Rachel Price during one of her stand-up performances. She said the song was so infectious that females were eating the pants off entertainers.

“Little boy, nothing you have not passing my throat, it aint even passing my (expletive) space teeth,” she warned.



Gage"s "Throat" single played at Trini funeral

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Lil Rick - Party Starter "Soca 2015"





listen this new soca tune from Lil Rick – Party Starter [Soca 2015].

COUNTRY: Barbados | RELEASED: 2014

● PRODUCER: Track7

Mixed & Mastered By: Track7

Written By: Jovan James & Rickey “Lil Rick” Reid

Lil Rick - Party Starter "Soca 2015"

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Alkaline gave a massive performance in Trinidad [Video]





watch dancehall’s youngest and baddess alkaline live in trinidad touch concert.

Against the call for his ban from the country’s Christian group, alkaline performed in the twin island and gave a massive performance. The young artist arrived at Piarco airport over the weekend. And when he hit the stage at Hasley Crawford Stadium, he gave the nation a killer performance. He performed hits after hits and all the artiste could hear from his screaming fans was “encore”. The video of his pe

Alkaline gave a massive performance in Trinidad [Video]

Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Khan & Ajala - Progress [OMV] "Soca 2015"





check out this music video from soca artistes Khan & Ajala – Progress (Official Music Video) [Soca 2015] Trinidad & Tobago | RELEASED: 2014

● DIRECTOR: Ahitk Studio Productions

Produced By: DJ Future & Ajala

Khan & Ajala - Progress [OMV] "Soca 2015"

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Fay-Ann Lyons - Raze "Soca 2015"


listen to this tune from trini artiste Fay-Ann Lyons – Raze “Soca 2015″ [HD] Written by Fayann Lyons-Alvarez

Produced by Stadic Studio Productions

Live acoustic guitar by Enrico “Di Gittarman’ Camejo

Additional production by LAZAbeam and Wetty Beatz

Mixed and Mastered by LAZAbeam of Jus Now

Fay-Ann Lyons - Raze "Soca 2015"

Saturday, 11 October 2014

Trini Security Minister supports denial of entry to 13 Jamaicans

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Security Minister has declared that there are too many Jamaicans in the twin island republic illegally, brushing off renewed criticism of the treatment of some who are denied entry.


In a release on Friday, National Security Minister Gary Griffith claimed that there are 19,000 Jamaicans in the country illegally, who, he alleged, are feeding off State resources and causing the country to lose over one billion TT dollars in revenue annually.


His comments come days after Jamaica’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Senator AJ Nicholson, contacted his Trinidadian counterpart, following reports that 13 Jamaicans were denied entry on September 30 and treated in an inhumane manner.


Support


Mr. Griffith declared his support of the actions taken by immigration officers at Piarco International Airport, in relation to the Jamaicans, as they were found to be in breach of immigration requirements.


He asserted that the immigration officials were doing their job and the authorities cannot act as a “rubber stamp” when it comes to allowing people into the country.


The Minister further declared that carte blanche facilitation of entry of visitors into Trinidad and Tobago, without proper checks and balances, creates the potential for an exponential increase in criminal activity.


He claimed that the majority of the Jamaicans in Trinidad & Tobago have no fixed place of abode in the country and are unable to work or acquire a source of income.


Caricom nationals


National Security Minister Griffith has also declared that Caricom nationals do not have the right of automatic entry into Trinidad and Tobago and must meet immigration requirements.


Griffith is contending that his Ministry must ensure that every visitor who enters the country does not in any way become a liability to the State.


Regarding claims by the 13 Jamaicans that they were forced to sleep on the floor and denied access to food and bathroom facilities at Piarco International Airport, he declared that the Immigration Division is not responsible for accommodation of passengers as that charge lies with the airline on which they travelled.


Mr. Griffith provided statistics which showed that on September 30, the day the 13 Jamaicans were refused entry, there were 2,021 arrivals in Trinidad and Tobago, of which 23 were refused.





He said 98.86 per cent of landed passengers were accepted, demonstrating that Trinidad and Tobago has been adhering to its obligations under the Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas.
Source: http://rjrnewsonline.com




Trini Security Minister supports denial of entry to 13 Jamaicans

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Nebula868 - Best Friends (Day Ones) "2015 Soca"




listen to this new soca tune from Nebula868 – Best Friends (Day Ones) “2015 Trinidad Soca” . Written by: Nebula868 & Full Blown Entertainment, Produced by: Anson Soverall. Guitars by: Jeremy McIntosh. Mixed by: Precision Productions











Nebula868 - Best Friends (Day Ones) "2015 Soca"

Saturday, 21 June 2014

Corruption, Cocaine and Murder in Trinidad [Video Doc]




Around midnight on May 3, Dana Seetahal, a prominent attorney and senator in Trinidad and Tobago, had just left a casino in the capital of Port of Spain when her vehicle was stopped by another car blocking the road. A van pulled up alongside and let loose a burst of gunfire, killing her in a well orchestrated hit.

Her murder was one of approximately 170 that have occurred in the Caribbean nation so far this year, putting it on course for one of the highest murder rates in the world. The country saw only 93 murders in 1999. Last year, there were 407.


VICE News visited the slums of Port of Spain and spoke with police, activists, community leaders, and gangsters to understand the country’s decade-plus spike in killings. Many of the murders are attributed to ruthless and politically connected street gangs who control territories that are sometimes no larger than a city block. The gangs fight over lucrative government contracts meant to provide social services and combat unemployment.


Read more: http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2014/05/topic/topic/videos/documentary-corruption-cocaine-murder-trinidad/#ixzz35GbYqFZv


watch Corruption, Cocaine and Murder in Trinidad




Corruption, Cocaine and Murder in Trinidad [Video Doc]

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Usain Bolt aboard party boat in Trinidad and Tobago [Video]

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push();


watch Usain Bolt aboard party boat in Trinidad and Tobago. USAIN BOLT PARTIES IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO


Usain Bolt aboard party boat in Trinidad and Tobago [Video]